The First Six Months:
DIY Guide to Recovering From A Fire
Decisions made and actions taken during the first six months after a fire will largely determine what kind of claim settlement you’ll receive from your insurance company. Use this guide to learn what you can expect to happen and when, as well as your responsibilities and our expert advice.
- Your Responsibilities Within The First 24 Hours
- Cast of Characters: Who’s Who?
- What Your Policy Covers—or Not
- What are Additional Living Expenses (ALE) and How to Keep Track of Them
- The All-Important Scope of Loss
- Expectations: 30 Days and Six Months After a Fire
What happens in the immediate aftermath of a house fire dictates how you will survive it. Learn what you need to do to receive what you’re entitled to from your insurance claim.