If your home has suffered extensive water damage after a storm, flood or frozen pipe, you need to act fast, assess the damage, and get assistance from a reliable public insurance adjuster in order to obtain a fair amount of compensation to be used for repairs.
In case you are based in the Chicago area, as well as other locations within Illinois, such as Springfield or Peoria, you can benefit from a free inspection and estimate, as well as the full support of a qualified public insurance claims adjuster.
Water Damage – Basic Tips and Quick Fixes
- The first thing you need to do – or hire an expert to do – is to turn off the electricity in all rooms, preventing short circuits and further damage to your appliances and electronics.
- After a storm or hurricane, leaky roofs, damaged pipes and other sources of excess water have to be addressed immediately to prevent further loss.
- Clean up the water as quickly as possible and dry out wet rooms to prevent the walls and floors from becoming irreparably damaged.
- Try to remove any furniture, upholstery, carpets and other items that could be damaged beyond repair when continually exposed to water.
- Once you can finally assess the problem and prevent further damage, call your insurance company to ask about your compensation options.
How Can a Public Insurance Adjuster Help?
Unfortunately, quick fixes will often not last long, and if your insurance company is unwilling to cooperate with helping you resolve your crisis, hiring a reliable Illinois public insurance adjuster is the only viable course of action.
A public insurance claim adjuster can help policyholders in dire need of assistance in a number of different ways:
Whether you hire a public adjuster from Chicago or a private company based in Springfield or Rockford, you will first of all receive benefits such as a free inspection of the water damage, as well as detailed estimates on what repair tasks may be needed and how much they would cost.
- Aside from the most common considerations involved, any good public adjuster will include line-item details into their free estimates, including individual parts and the cost per each part.
- The public adjuster will review your policy and interview you, as well as any witnesses, in order to aid you in the preparation of your insurance claim and present a solid case on your behalf.
- Your public insurance claim adjuster will act as a mediator, putting together the documentation required for obtaining the compensation you are entitled to and will do everything possible to get you a better compensation than what your insurance company offers.
While the process can often be lengthy and difficult, with the help of a public insurance adjuster, you stand a far better chance at fair compensation for your water claim, so you can quickly repair all the damage.
Hiring Miller Public Adjusters can ensure that these mistakes are eliminated and you can achieve a maximum claim settlement against your insurance company.